A Look Back At UNICO 20˚87˚’s Milestones
This year, we turn three. It’s been quite a remarkable journey, and as we look back on the last 3 years, we can’t help but feel grateful for all the milestones we have had. In honor of our 3rd year anniversary, we invite you to take a journey with us down memory lane as we reflect on a few of our most special moments.
1. UNICO 20˚87˚ Hotel Riviera Maya Opens Its Doors: After years of thoughtful planning and carefully curating each and every aspect of the hotel and experience, we proudly opened our doors and welcomed our first guests in March of 2017. The first of its kind, our hotel offered guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in the local culture while indulging in a relaxed luxury setting. The very first guests’ stay was complete with local artwork, artisanal handwoven accents throughout each corner, our very first rotating chef (Chef Christian Bravo), and our beloved local hosts among many other touches.
2. Food is our Love Language: In 2018, we challenged ourselves to offer an all-inclusive experience like no other. The very first Superbia Summer was incepted out of our desire to marry a unique gastronomic experience with the all-inclusive experience at UNICO 20˚87˚. Featuring a line-up of Michelin Star rated restaurant chefs from around the world, guests were treated to an ultimate journey of the senses with restaurant takeovers, mixology takeovers, and more. This year, we are thrilled to still be going strong and embarking on our 3rd Superbia Summer from July 15- August 23.
3. Commitment to our Community: Nothing brings us more joy than being able to give back to our surrounding community. Noh Bec, a neighboring community nearby, has been near and dear to our hearts as we have worked together to bring resources to its families and children. We were overjoyed when we were finally able to include our guests on this journey with the launch of our volunteer program, Vacation With A Cause. Together with our guests, we can now impact the everyday lives of those around us by bringing them donated items such as books, toys, and clothing.
4. Honored with AAA Five Diamond Award: It was a true testament to our staff when we were honored with the AAA Five Diamond Award. Very few receive this honor, and we are incredibly proud and thankful for this achievement and the opportunity to showcase sophistication, personalized service, differentiating amenities and impeccable standards of excellence to travelers from around the world.
5. Make It Personal: At UNICO 20˚87˚, we are always thinking of ways to make your stay more personal and more memorable. We always had a vision of offering this, and it wasn’t until the tail-end of our first year that we were able to officially open Monogram by Artesanos—an embroidery and engraving studio that allows guests to take a personalized memory home. Since its opening, countless guests have been able to take home a piece of UNICO 20˚87˚, whether a monogrammed bathrobe, luggage tag, or even a picture frame.
Thank you to all of our guests, partners and local hosts for the wonderful memories, we can’t wait to see what the future has in store for us.