PROTOCOLS, PROCEDURES, AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES
At UNICO 20°87°, we have developed a comprehensive, enhanced cleanliness and sanitation plan that consists of added precautionary measures throughout all aspects of the guest and team member experience. Each department has its own set of procedures that are implemented to keep our guests’ and employees’ health and wellbeing top of mind while providing a S.A.F.E. (safe and friendly environment) experience to our guests. Below you will find a summary of our enhanced protocols:
1. Guest & Employee Health: Antibacterial hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout all areas of the hotel, with additional signage throughout back-of-house and guest areas reminding everyone of important health and hygiene protocols such as handwashing and physical distancing. Physical contact will be minimized as much as possible, and we will continue to provide an onsite 24/7 doctor to provide medical assistance as needed.
2. Employee Protocols: All of our staff have received thorough training on our enhanced protocols, in addition to training on identifying any flu or virus-like symptoms and following a firm procedure on reporting to a medical official. Staff will also continue to receive training on global standards of sanitation set forth by third parties such as Ecolab and NSF. In addition to ongoing training, employees will be closely monitored for any symptoms (including a temperature reading) on a daily basis, and will be required to wear the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) based on their roles and responsibilities.
3. Cleaning Protocols and Sanitation: We use cleaning products such as Ecolab and standards that meet EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. We have increased the frequency of deep-cleaning and disinfecting all common areas, public spaces and guest rooms (in addition to back of house areas) with an emphasis on high-contact surfaces such as front desk check-in counters, elevators, and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys, and locks, ATMs, handrails, tables, gym equipment, dining surfaces, seating areas, pool chairs and more.
4. Physical Distancing: Guests and employees are instructed to practice physical distancing by standing six feet away from other groups who are not traveling with them; this includes while standing in lines, waiting for elevators (including limited capacity), or walking throughout the hotel. Additionally, furniture placement throughout all common areas and back-of-house have been rearranged to allow for increased spacing, including redesigned layouts for meetings and events.
5. Guest Experience: Every step of the guest journey has its own set of defined protocols that will ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees while maintaining the level of service that you have come to expect. This includes our in-house transfer company, luggage disinfection, non-invasive temperature readings via a thermal camera, a pristine check-in process, strictly enforced hygiene practices, and physical distancing throughout the spa, salon, fitness center, pool and beach areas and more.
6. F&B: We will continue to reinforce our internationally recognized methods of identifying and managing food safety related risk, including Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and adhering to strict global brand standards in addition to third-party standards such as NSF. Select services such as buffet have been eliminated, while in-room dining will now be contactless.
Find The Full Enhanced Cleanliness & Sanitation Protocols Here
While there is no travel advisory for the Riviera Maya, we continue to review the cancellation policy based on the latest updates from the global & local authorities. To provide you with further peace of mind, if you book your hotel stay between March 11 and June 30 for travel until December 15, 2020, you may change your hotel stay dates once up to 24 hours prior to arrival with no penalty for travel up to December 18th, 2020 (a difference in rates may apply, this is subject to availability).
For guests traveling from the high-risk areas listed as per the updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will allow rescheduling the hotel stay within one year from the original travel date or canceling hotel reservations without any penalty. If you are traveling from a country that has implemented a government travel restriction to our destination, please contact your booking source to discuss options. If you request a refund and your booked rate applies to it, please consider that due to the current situation it may take 45 days or more. We will attend each request in the order it has been received.